Asst. Director-Fac Development – 13000000A0
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions: The Assistant Director of Faculty Development will manage faculty development activities for the College of Medicine. The position will collaborate with the Office of Medical Education (OME) and Graduate Medical Education (GME) to ensure that all accreditation requirements related to adequate faculty development are met. In addition, this position will conduct needs assessments throughout the College to ensure the most appropriate educational materials, sessions, courses and materials are developed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare asynchronous session/materials for faculty; primarily modules for Blackboard or equivalent.
2. Conduct individual, small, and large group workshops designed to optimize faculty education educational skill development.
3. Identify and acquire resources necessary for program implementation and evaluation.
4. Develop training material and resources that support faculty development efforts; develop and deliver programs and modules for faculty skill improvement in student resident learning, evaluation, and policies.
5. Lead the development and implementation of plans and programs to enhance faculty development effectiveness; provide strategic and operational leadership in the planning, support, and evaluation of faculty development program delivery.
6. Conduct regular needs assessments of faculty, preceptors, resident program directors, students, and residents to determine their perceived development needs related to the educational mission of the College.
7. Collaborate with the Office of Graduate Medical Education to determine faculty development needs to ensure compliance with ACGME institutional accreditation requirements.
8. Conduct individual, small, and large group workshops designed to optimize faculty educational skill development.
9. Promote recognition of the organization by participating, coordinating or encouraging efforts that enhance our organizational reputation at the local and national levels that may include publishing, networking activities or participation in key conference proceedings; identify and apply for external funding to support faculty development.
10. Track and report program participation, satisfaction, and other outcome measures to ensure continuous improvement of programs and services; conduct post training follow-up to ensure learning objectives have been met; develop the system to track all faculty development courses in the COM.
11. Provide reports to the GME Office, Medical Education Office, and individual training programs to comply with respective accreditation.
12. Perform other duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Master’s Degree (preferably in education, medical
education, curricular instruction, adult education, or related area); five (5) years experience in faculty development, continuing education programs, or related experience. Candidate should possess the ability to meet deadlines, provide deliverables, and think independently; prior experience managing and meeting budgets; high degree of computer literacy to include Microsoft Office Suite, Learning Management System(s), widely-used graphic design software, web-based technologies, and database applications. Must have operational knowledge of computer hardware, projection equipment, and peripheral audio-visual devices. Must have the ability to work with high level administration, physicians, and a broad range of varied cultural backgrounds; excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
Graduate Medical Educ-Admin
Director, Graduate Medical Education
The University of Tennessee Health Science Center
910 Madison Avenue Suite 1031
Memphis, TN 38163