The Exceptional Foundation of West Tennessee seeks an Executive Director with 7+ years of successful experience in a senior leadership role. Bachelor’s required. Master’s preferred. Board certification as behavioral analyst a plus.
The Exceptional Foundation of West Tennessee enriches the lives of the developmentally challenged by meeting their social and recreational needs. For more information on the Exceptional Foundation, visit our website http://www.exceptionalfoundationwesttn.org.
The executive director reports to the board of directors and collaborates closely to set the organization’s strategic direction. Provide executive level leadership managing a team of six employees and a host of volunteers. Oversee a $500,000M budget. Deliver services to approximately 25 exceptional individuals per day. Build relationships with other special needs organizations, community, businesses, and funding agencies.
• Leadership – the ED will create and realize a vision for the future in partnership with the board. Must be an attuned leader with financial management experience combined with ability to motivate and lead teams. Acts ethically with integrity. Is professional, open minded, a collaborator, and a good communicator.
• Business Acumen – the ED is responsible for all aspects of financial management from budget creation, P/L management, reporting, and compliance. Effectively develop operational plans inclusive of short and long term goals.
• Interpersonal Skills – Builds relationships with a wide range of constituencies including volunteers, other special needs organizations, higher education, and civic groups.
• Program Development/Evaluation –oversee program to assure its ongoing effectiveness and growth.
• Fundraising- The ED will create a fundraising plan, including signature event.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org