You are invited to the monthly meeting of the E-Learning Network–a group of e-learning professionals representing Memphis-area corporations and organizations.
* When: 11:45 A.M. to 1:00 P.M., Thursday, March 31st, 2011
* Where: University of Memphis, College of Education, Ball Hall 320. Map: http://bit.ly/9xzqNU
* Featured Speaker: Peter Bloom, ALSAC St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
* Who is Invited: anyone interested in teaching and learning.
* Parking: use the parking garage just north of Ball Hall
* Food: bring your lunch. We’ll have some light refreshments, and we’ll eat while we meet.
* About the E-Learning Network: http://eln.teachable.org/about
Peter Bloom will talk about being a one-person e-learning shop. In nearly six years at ALSAC, his role has grown and evolved. Peter will share the approach he uses, describe how and why he uses the software tools and processes he does, and talk about the future direction of e-learning at ALSAC.
Peter Bloom is an E-Learning Training Analyst at ALSAC, the fundraising organization that supports St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Peter works in the Learning & Organization Development group which is a part of the Human Resources division. Peter’s educational background is in both media production and instructional design. In his role at ALSAC, he develops both technical and compliance related e-learning courseware. He also administers the Learning Management System for over 1000 employees and contractors.
Please forward this notice to interested colleagues, or those you know involved in training and learning initiatives.
Trey Martindale, Associate Professor
Instructional Design and Technology, University of Memphis
(901) 870-6926 http://teachable.org
Director, IDT Studio http://idtstudio.org
E-learning Network http://eln.teachable.org
To join or leave the E-learning Network announcement list, visit: http://teachable.org/mail/mail.cgi/list/eln