Dear Dr. Martindale,
I’m writing to ask if you have any promising graduates who would be interested in applying for the position of Instructional Designer at Trevecca’s Nazarene University. Attached is the job description. Currently we are using the Sakai LMS but will likely be switching in the near future.
TNU has expanded the online department and we are looking for instructional designers to support various areas of the University. Our instructional design team will implement a number of new programs with various instructional technologies.
We feel this would be an ideal position for a promising graduate of your program. Our team is committed to offering the professional development and training that would benefit a recent graduate. We offer a collaborative, Christian working environment with great potential for professional growth.
Please feel free to forward this email as you deem appropriate. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume (with three references) to LaMetrius Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Online Learning or apply online http://www.trevecca.edu/jobs/current-job-openings
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for your assistance.
Director of Online Learning
Trevecca Nazarene University
333 Murfreesboro Rd
Nashville, TN 37210
Innovate | Improve | Impact
We collaborate with educators to inspire innovation and empower our community.
Here’s the posting. You should be able to find it by searching Development Specialist.
|Job Title:||Development Specialist|
|Company Name:||Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare – Corporate|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||MEMPHIS, TN, United States|
|Shift Hours/ Days:||8am – 5 pm, Mon thru Fri|
|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2014|
|Facilities:||Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare – Corporate|
|Note: Please read the complete description below before applying for this job.|
The Development Specialist is a primary facilitator for on-boarding and ongoing Associate/Leader development including the delivery of core instructional content and training. The Development Specialist is also responsible for the development and delivery of customized training requests for MLH departments/units. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Training Content Developer
Sales Enablement & Education (SEE) is a strategic team that equips sales professionals with the ability to consistently and systematically have a valuable conversation with the right set of customer stakeholders at each stage of the customer’s problem-solving life-cycle to optimize the FedEx selling system.
The Design & Develop teams within SEE bring the Corporation’s priorities to life through the design and development of Sales education. The successful candidate will be part of the Design & Develop team and will be expected to create cutting-edge and innovative courseware for sales and provide thought leadership on the instructional design, technology approach, and delivery methods.
Under close supervision, assists in the design, development, implementation and maintenance innovative and replicable programs/procedures supporting FedEx sales, Sr. leadership and customers creating value and effective strategies for FedEx. Requires the application of developing skill sets relevant to the role and objective of the department. May work individually and with teams with internal/external customers. May participate in review, analysis, interpretation of data/information creating innovative solutions Position Responsibilities include:
• Following instructional design and development principles to create education for the FedEx sales force
• Conducting needs analysis, defining learning objectives, scripting, and storyboarding course content
• Using authoring tools and templates to creatively develop classroom and distance-based education and knowledge asset for sales
• Employing various instructional methods, such as case studies, simulations, practical exercises, lecturettes, and activities/games as applicable
• Creating knowledge-based and application-based assessments which directly align to the learning objectives.
• Collaborating with subject matter and business experts (Marketing, Sales, Solutions, Pricing, HR, Legal) throughout the design & development cycle to ensure alignment with business objectives.
Bachelor’s degree/equivalent in business or a related field. Knowledge of business software, spreadsheet applications and/or graphics or web development. Good interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills. Good written and oral communication skills.
• Intellectual curiosity
· Experience with HTML/HTML5.
• Proficiency in Adobe authoring tools (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Muse, Etc.) · Strong sense of UI design & composition.
· Knowledge of AfterEffects, Maya, Cinema 4D or equivalent 3D software.
· College degree in Art, Animation, Graphic Design, or related field preferred
Caveo Learning is a learning consulting firm, providing learning solutions to Fortune 1000 and other leading organizations.
We partner with Chief Learning Officers and other learning leaders to help them more closely align their L&D (Learning and Development) organizations to deliver recurring, scalable and measurable
performance gains – tightly matched to the company’s business goals and drivers. We also work with leaders in other functional areas to structure and execute learning and performance solutions aligned with major corporate initiatives.
When the L&D organization is fully and appropriately engaged, everybody wins. Corporate initiatives are more successful. Employees are happier and more productive. L&D is acknowledged as a critical contributor. That is our mission.
> Read about our mission.
We deliver ROI-focused strategic learning consulting, learning and performance solutions enabled by learning technologies.
> Learn more about our solutions.
In short, Caveo is your partner for performance-based learning solutions that drive business value.
Role: Senior Instructional Designer
Location: Memphis TN
Travel: On Site – Memphis TN
Requirements: eLearning development – Captivate, Flash
Caveo Learning is hiring multiple Instructional Designers who will be responsible for the design and development of training courses and performance solutions to drive critical business outcomes. The Instructional Designer will interact with client team members and Caveo Learning partners as well as subject matter experts to ensure that course material achieves the desired learning outcomes. In addition, the Instructional Designer will:
• Assess client needs to determine appropriate performance solutions.
• Create, manage and report on comprehensive design plans and processes for the development of all learning content.
• Create instructional strategies and training materials based on client need.
• Provide guidance and specialized knowledge to other members of the team.
• Work with internal and external business partners to coordinate and schedule the development of curriculum.
• Use strong project management processes to ensure excellence and timely completion of development projects.
• Work closely with stakeholders to assess the integrity of instructional materials and support the ongoing assessment of instructional effectiveness for all existing and future training programs.
• Cultivate, develop and manage strong, lasting client relationships at a senior management level.
• Make recommendations to management on delivery methods, options and critical learning and development process needs.
• Assist in setting learning strategies for company-wide initiatives.
See description here:
From: Jennifer Maddrell, Designers for Learning <jmaddrell>
This came to me via a colleague with Sedgwick CMS — a multi-national corporation with headquarters in Memphis.
“I have two positions open. One is an intern. The other is full time. Both are SharePoint/web design/graphics design related.”
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.
1100 Ridgeway Loop Road, Suite 200 | Memphis, TN 38120
http://www.sedgwick.com | The leader in innovative claims and productivity management solutions
– Have a question? Contact the Colleague Resources Support Center at 1.866.686.0406 -
CTI has a current opening for a Director of Learning Systems.
For over 20 years, CTI has developed advanced training solutions for the DoD, government, and corporate training programs. Using our expertise in identifying needs in high-stress, time critical environments, we develop custom training solutions using cutting-edge learning to help your teams accelerate their performance. Our primary assets are highly skilled training professionals and an experienced, capable management staff. The variety of training programs and courseware development solutions provided by CTI is both technically advanced and complemented with graphic features that will take your team’s learning to another level.
View the job posting here: http://www.cti-crm.com/cti-employment/director-of-learning-systems/
Congratulations to IDT doctoral candidate Kris King. Kris is the first instructional designer hired at Mississippi State University. In his new role, he will design online courses for the university. He will work with faculty individually as well as lead professional development sessions on all aspects of instruction: Teaching faculty best practices in distance education, online pedagogy, course design, ed tech applications, and instructional design principles.
Kris says, “This position holds a great amount of responsibility and I feel that the University of Memphis IDT program prepared me for everything that will come my way.”
The Instructional Design and Technology (IDT) faculty is pleased to announce the launch of newly designed Certificate in Instructional Design and Technology. This completely online certificate consists of two tracks, as described below:
Track 1: K-12 Educational Technology
This track is designed for educators who want to integrate the use of computers in the classroom. The focus of these courses is to develop the technology competencies needed for the development, utilization, and integration of instructional computing technology in the classroom.
The required courses are IDT 7061, IDT 7062, IDT 7063, and IDT 7064. To view course titles and descriptions, visit the IDT Course Catalog. You have the option of completing the entire certificate in one summer!
Track Two: Design and Development
We designed this sequence of four courses for instructional designers and developers who work in non-education related settings such as business, government, military, and health care. The four (completely online) required courses are:
- IDT 7070: Instructional Design Process I
- IDT 7080: Instructional Design Process II
- IDT 7090: Developing Learning Environments I
- IDT 7063: Seminar in Instructional Computing
To view course titles and descriptions, visit the IDT Course Catalog.
If you complete either track of the Certificate, you can continue on toward the master’s degree and all your hours count toward the master’s degree. More information on the new Certificate is here:
This online certificate begins in Summer 2014, and registration is open now. To register please visit http://idt.memphis.edu/
You can see detailed descriptions of the courses here.
Here is the schedule of when courses are typically offered: